[Talk-ca] Triplinx import

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 12:53:54 UTC 2016

Okay, so it looks like Paul Norman has started a revert through the DWG.
Thanks!

The thing is, the data did greatly improve addressing in Toronto. In the
areas I looked at, there was careful in-fill with no overlap in address
nodes/ranges.

My only real annoyance about this import was that it was done without
any consultation. For many places in the GTHA, it contributed to making
the map better, but we weren't given the chance to ask questions.

John wrote:
> I think a better solution would be to take a copy of the OSM
> database, strip out the existing address data and drop in the stats
> data and use the copy for their purposes.

I don't think they can do that. They'd then be serving a mix of OSM and
their data to the public without providing it to OSM.

cheers,
 Stewart