[Talk-ca] Bulk Import of Address Range in GTHA from Metrolinx

Begin Daniel jfd553 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 20 03:29:02 UTC 2016

Seems absolutely adequate.

From: Mojgan Jadidi [mailto:mojgan.jadidi at gmail.com]
Sent: February-19-16 11:57
To: talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
Subject: [Talk-ca] Bulk Import of Address Range in GTHA from Metrolinx

Dear All,

Based on the discussion in our previous emails:

https://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/imports/2016-February/
https://www.mail-archive.com/talk-ca@openstreetmap.org/

We have revised our import process to accommodate the feedback we received. We have divided our dataset into 124 sub-regions, and intend to review and upload these over the next few weeks. These smaller sub-regions will be manually validated before uploading and will also give the community more time to review our data, and provide any additional feedback. By dividing our data into sub regions, we should avoid the issue where nodes were appearing without ways (which were handled in a different changeset by JOSM).

If the community is agreeable to our approach, we hope to begin this process sometime next week, but are happy to defer if anyone feels that there are still unanswered questions.

Keep in mind that, all regions are revisited and inspected for any issues such as duplication, new updates, appropriate geometry of ways along the road, etc.

Your feedback and support is appreciated.

Best regards,
Mojgan

Mojgan (Amaneh) Jadidi, Ph.D.
Intern, Applied Research & Corporate Monitoring
Planning & Policy | Metrolinx | 97 Front Street West, Toronto, ON, M5J 1E6 | T: 416-202-5844<tel:416-202-5844>

Postdoctoral Research Fellow
GeoICT Lab | York University | 4700 Keele St, Toronto, ON, M3J 1P3