[Talk-ca] restriction=no_right_turn_on_red causing routing problems in Toronto

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 15:33:53 UTC 2016

On 2016-06-28 04:19 PM, Nathan Wessel wrote:
> It seems like conditional restrictions may be what we need.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Talk:Conditional_restrictions
>
> But it looks like we would be forging new ground if we went that
> direction. I don't see anything on that page about signals of any kind.
> (yet!)

OSRM seems to be programmatically narrow in its insistence on only
scanning the 'no_' part of the restriction. These are useful and clear
tags. Fix OSRM, not the map. Relations are already complex enough that
many mappers avoid them.

Coming from a country where the whole idea of turning on red is illegal
(and all pedestrian crossings are scramble crossings, as they should be)
I wonder if this is just a black swan to the developers?

cheers,
 Stewart