[Talk-ca] New Innovative Map Company

Bradon Levalds blevalds at gmail.com
Sat Nov 5 16:43:53 UTC 2016

Hey Everyone,

I wanted to share a mapping company that I’ve been working on for the last couple months, and just give an overall thank you to the community as whole for supporting my endeavour. I recently launched Krate Labs, a company that fabricates personalized illuminated maps and displays and thought I would share the project turned business with the community that contributes so much. It’s also where I was able to meet so many great individuals, that have so much knowledge and expertise, who continue to give back, just for the cause. So overall I am thankful for this community and everyone involved.

I met John Marshall here who introduced me to Denis Carriere a contributor in this community and expert developer. We were able to build a Web-App that allows a user to select any location in the world from a live view map and create a custom map that gets sent directly to their home or business. The magic is in the backend where the web-app coverts a static image into a SVG (scalable vector file) that I am able to laser directly onto acrylic plastic.

This lasering allows only light to pass through the etched artwork which frosts, creating a unique, contemporary and detailed design of any location in the world with just the click of a button.

Feel free to take a look and offer some feedback or insight on the site, process or anything else you come across.

Website : https://www.kratelabs.com/#/ <https://www.kratelabs.com/#/>

Create A Map Web-App : https://www.kratelabs.com/pages/app#/ <https://www.kratelabs.com/pages/app#/>

Thanks,
Bradon.