[Talk-ca] Wikidata in OpenStreetMap

James james2432 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 01:15:47 UTC 2016

Seeing as ID[1] and Mapbox[2] are pushing to incorporate wikidata into OSM,
I thought it would be a perfect little project when mappers have nothing
better to do or in their downtime.

The wikidata link can help developers get vital information like the
current population, current mayor, flags, coat of arms,etc. The list goes
on. This is a lot of data that can't necessarily be encoded into OSM. This
would help simplify the use of OSM data for small developers.

I've started a project on the OSMCanada Tasking Manager here:
http://tasks.osmcanada.ca/project/40

Join in for a more data rich Canada :)

[1] https://www.mapbox.com/blog/id-wikidata/
[2] https://www.mapbox.com/blog/geocoding-wikidata/