[Talk-ca] [Import] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 17:57:19 UTC 2016

A comment the data is of high quality and the building outlines are of
particular interest to the Stats Canada Project where Statistics Canada is
attempting to crowd source adding tags added to non residential buildings
within the City of Ottawa and Gatineau.  These include the number of levels
and the use of the building.  They will be suggesting using a customised iD
to their general public but given the experience of iD mapping buildings in
HOT it was thought that importing the building outlines would give a better
quality map at the end.

Cheerio John