[Talk-ca] [Import] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Alan Richards alarobric at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 18:59:08 UTC 2016

I like it overall. Nice to see more quality data being added, and I'm
personally pretty pro-import generally.

However, just from following this list, I was surprised that the import was
suddenly being done. I recall seeing messages about the possibility of a
project, and it sounded like it was slowly moving forward, but there wasn't
a lot of activity. It is clear now that a lot of the discussion was
happening offline at local meetups. To me this is fine with an active
community like Ottawa has, but perhaps the fact that this was going on
should have been shared back to the mailing list to show the progress that
was happening. The fact that a tasking manager was actually running and
data being imported and verified was quite a surprise, and obviously then
led to the unwanted revert.