[Talk-ca] [Import] Ottawa Buildings & Addresses [Statistics Canada project]

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 04:52:53 UTC 2016

Hi Denis,

> There's been countless amounts of Tasking Manager's that have been set
> up for importing GNS (towns & villages) in Africa, I believe all of them
> were only point data and have been very successful.

While it's not a reflection on tasking manager, the African village GNS
import recently made “Worst of OSM”: “Look at these nicely arranged
Nigerian villages....”
<http://worstofosm.tumblr.com/post/149386653926/look-at-these-nicely-arranged-nigerian-villages>.
There's no way that these villages are arranged in nice neat rows and
columns exactly one minute of arc apart …

 cheers,
 Stewart