[Talk-ca] Road route relations: network tag

Martijn van Exel m at rtijn.org
Thu Oct 27 22:04:29 UTC 2016

Hi all,

My mapping colleagues (not me, I only map in my spare time :)) noted that
there are some irregular network tags on highways in Canada. The usual
hierarchical notation[1] is in place in many relations, but we encountered
deviations from that where instead of the colon separator an underscore is
used, so for example instead of CA:ON we see ca_on, and some variations on
that.

We are happy to (help) clean that up but didn't want to do so without
consulting you. Is there some local convention that we are unaware of? Can
we provide a dump of the affected relation IDs so we can fix them together?
It's about 400 relations in total, mostly in Ontario.

[1] https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:network#Hierarchical_format -
it has a Canada example!

Martijn van Exel
http://mvexel.github.io/