[Talk-ca] Community Conduct

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Jan 16 21:31:28 UTC 2017

I know that the issue is settled and the affected edits based on
Carleton's data have been reverted, but I got this response from their
GIS and Digital Resources Librarian today:

    … the air photos are not permitted for use other
    than academic use, and OpenStreetMap does not qualify. …

    … due to the license agreement [the Carleton data user]
    signed in order to access the data, s/he is liable if the
    City of Ottawa takes issue with the data usage. We did not
    collect the data but the City provides it to us for
    academic use only.

Happy mapping,
 Stewart