[Talk-ca] Multipolygon problems

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Sat Jul 1 21:56:42 UTC 2017

On 2017-07-01 05:22 PM, Jochen Topf wrote:

> There is nothing specific about woods here.

It seems, though, that the root problem in Canada is *mostly* related to
woods imported from Canvec. And we have some very large forestry
relations indeed. I was finding that the JOSM process was using 13 GB of
RAM just to load one.

> Of course you should still check all cases against sat images.

Outside cities, sat images are extremely poor in Canada. You might get
10 year old 7½-metre greyscale images. Which if you're looking at a
logging/bark beetle area could be way off current reality.

 Stewart