[Talk-ca] OGL licenses

m at rtijn.org m at rtijn.org
Fri Jun 2 21:45:45 UTC 2017

Hi all,

I am curious what the current status is around OGL-like licenses and compatibility with ODbL / suitability for using to improve OSM. Looking at https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada <https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_Canada>, there are quite a few regional variations on the OGL license. Has it been possible to make a generalized statement around compatibility with ODbL and using the data governed by these licenses for improving OSM? Is that worth pursuing (with the LWG), or do we just need to ask each individual data owner for permission?

Thanks!
Martijn