[Talk-ca] Add data of the City of Rouyn-Noranda, Québec, Canada

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 17 16:07:39 UTC 2017

To split hairs if you use the same license as Ottawa is using which is
based on the TB Open Data license except it changes the wording slightly to
reflect a municipality you should be fine but as Stewart comments it does
need a formal approval by the legal working group.

The TB license is available in English and French and I have a very strong
suspicion that the Ottawa one is as well although I think the English
version is the one formally approved.

Alessandro.alasia canada.ca at Stats Canada has been working with Open Data
and municipalities on their buildings project and may be a useful contact.

Have fun, it took five years to sort out the licensing to be able to import
the Ottawa bus stops but the heavy lifting has been done.

Cheerio John

On 17 June 2017 at 10:58, Stewart C. Russell <scruss at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2017-06-17 09:06 AM, James wrote:
> >
> > As John has stated if you license your data under the Federal Gov open
> > data license v2. We wont have any licensing issues
> … but only if you *are* the Federal Government can you use this exact
> licence. As the City of Rouyn-Noranda isn't the Federal Government,
> their license _will_ need approval by the LWG. Unless you can do CC0 or
> ODbL.
>  Stewart
> _______________________________________________
> Talk-ca mailing list
> Talk-ca at openstreetmap.org
> https://lists.openstreetmap.org/listinfo/talk-ca
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-ca/attachments/20170617/cb66c1e7/attachment.html>

More information about the Talk-ca mailing list