[Talk-ca] [Imports] Ottawa, Canada Tree Import

James james2432 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 28 16:04:49 UTC 2017

Rory said:
What if OSM data is wrong? What if OSM says "The river bank goes up to
here" and it doesn't, and that would make the tree in the river.

Which is a valid point because you are suggesting:
The usual approach would be to automatically analyze the data in
combination with the OSM data to identify the cases with possible
conflicts and then to manually review only those.

To which I am replying that is an invalid way of validating data because
that would be a presumtion that OSM Data is 100% correct and accurate,
which it is not(aligned to misaligned imagery is an example of why it could
be incorrect).

Maybe understanding the logic flaw I'm trying to express in your "analysis"
would be a good place to start.

On Wed, Jun 28, 2017 at 11:56 AM, Christoph Hormann <osm at imagico.de> wrote:

> On Wednesday 28 June 2017, James wrote:
> > Well that analysis is incorrect in itself as others have stated, OSM
> > can be wrong. So a river bank, building, etc may not be properly
> > drawn. So with that being said what you are saying is the only viable
> > way to accept an import is to manually review every single item in
> > the dataset.
>
> It would not be a bad idea to actually read what i write before claiming
> it means something different than what i said.
>
> --
> Christoph Hormann
> http://www.imagico.de/

外に遊びに行こう!