[Talk-ca] [Imports] Ottawa, Canada Tree Import

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Jun 29 12:34:43 UTC 2017

sent from a phone

> On 29. Jun 2017, at 14:01, Rory McCann <rory at technomancy.org> wrote:
>
> When doing an import, it's important that someone does this sort of
> work. That's part of the process of doing an import, to learn more about
> the accuracy of the data you have, and to check how it would look after
> you import it. You shouldn't just presume everything will fit together
> 100%, someone needs to do this sort of analysis.

yes, it will give you some indication about obvious or very likely errors, still there are also trees inside buildings, it is a rare situation, but I could recall several instances where I've seen it (both, buildings built around trees/leaving gaps/holes, and trees being planted inside buildings).

Problems like these are obvious, but there's no indication that the rest of the trees are more correct, it might be just harder to spot the issues when the data seems fine on first glance.

Are you local to the area? I'd look for some trees you know that fell in the past years and see whether these events are reflected.

Cheers,
Martin