[Talk-ca] Multipolygon problems

James james2432 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 30 10:28:56 UTC 2017

Example:
https://i.imgur.com/8xKttYm_d.jpg

Represents multiple thousand square kilometers of forest/objects. To
actually be able to fix it correctly you NEED to launch JOSM in 64bit mode
with min/max memory values set or else it will crap out/freeze at 2GB of
memory. Now 1. JOSM doesnt document this ANYWHERE/IS VERY VERY HARD TO FIND
for the common user. I doubt many people know about the 2gb limit(other
than power mappers) .
Personally I find it very arrogant of you to say well, it's been a week
might as well contact the DWG and revert all of Canada, cause no one
replied to my email... not everyone has the experiance needed to merge down
polygons/relations on such a large object scale and very wide spread
throughout Canada