[Talk-ca] Municipal boundaries

Bjenk Ellefsen bjenk.ellefsen at gmail.com
Tue Mar 7 14:20:03 UTC 2017

Just to make sure we are talking about the same thing: Census Divisions are
higher level and more regional boundaries. CSDs are municipal boundaries
(in OSM, level 8).
http://www.statcan.gc.ca/eng/subjects/standard/sgc/2011/sgc-intro

Can you give me an example of city limits that don't match a CSD or is not
in the SGC? Usually, the standard for municipal boundaries are the CSDs. At
least, as far as I know, this is the standard geography. When referring to
actual city limits, which geographical classification is it referring to?

Sorry for the questions, I am trying to understand what is the
classification used if its not the CSDs.