[Talk-ca] non-existing links that should be deleted?

Oana Corobeanu - (p) oana.corobeanu at telenav.com
Mon May 15 06:20:56 UTC 2017

Hello all,
I wanted to ask your opinion on a topic related to links. According to OSM Wiki http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Highway_link in case of a turning lane for changing direction from a highway to another road, we should map it as a link just when it is physically delimited by something. Here is an example of what I am talking about 45.3756361, -73.3680429 (all along this highway, Boulevard Saint-Luc, you can find some more examples as such). Talking to a member of the community, PierZen, he pinpointed that the maxspeed on this primary highway is 90km/h and that it is important to signalize the possibility of making a turn and therefore to decrease the speed. However, there is already the widely used [1] turn:lanes tag that can be used to achieve the same. We would prefer to use that.
So, the question is....do you think we should map the turning lanes as links or not?

[1] https://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/turn:lanes

Have a great day,
Oana