[Talk-ca] Mapping buildings in Canada by 2020

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 15:32:15 UTC 2017

>I would have to run a query now to find out if the relative number of
active mappers is higher in one country than the other, but that's not my
point.

But how do you determine where a mapper lives and don't forget many
armchair mappers map in a different location to where they live.

JOSM and the building_tool plugin worked very well for our lot.  We did ask
them to come with JAVA installed and we only taught them enough JOSM to map
a building with the plugin.  Well we showed them a few more things as they
got more comfortable with it.

Cheerio John