[Talk-ca] COMS2200 Ottawa, Carleton University

Tracey P. Lauriault tlauriau at gmail.com
Wed Oct 11 02:09:56 UTC 2017

Greetings OSM mappers;

I understand that students for COMS2200 have been blocked from posting to
OSM.

There was also an unfortunate email sent to Carleton University by one of
your members that is circulating through the administration from (
james2432 at gmail.com).

The data are being contributed as part of an assignment described here -
https://github.com/TraceyLauriault/COMS2200A

I understand that the students are making some small and some large
mistakes that may not meet your OSM data quality standards.  The students
are restricted to only be mapping the Carleton University Campus.

I wonder if it might be possible to unlock the restriction to let them
finish the assignment.  They should be done by next week. There are 150
students.  Once the assignment is complete I would gladly work with you to
salvage the data, delete some data, repair some data or wipe all of the
data.

We apologize for this inconvenience and hope that you can be empathetic and
allow for the assignment to be completed so that the students can be
assessed.

Also, perhaps there are a number of common errors and if you identify them
we may be able to fix them.

Sincerely
Tracey

--