[Talk-ca] COMS2200 Ottawa, Carleton University

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Wed Oct 11 02:43:10 UTC 2017

Tracey,

I just want to say some of the edits are really destructive: eg entire
streets are changed/removed (on campus and off campus).  My automated
error checking script comparing what is in the City of Ottawa street
list and what is in OSM caught some errors, which I spent time
fixing.  Adding fire hydrants and trees in the middle of roads,
tagging a street lamp as an address are other very weird things I
found.  The students need to pay way more attention to what they are
doing.

Less volume, more quality please!