[Talk-ca] Carleton University Mapathon

Kent Jacobs kent.jacobs at gmail.com
Thu Oct 26 04:50:18 UTC 2017

Hello all!

I am a Masters of Science student in the Geography department at Carleton University studying Quality Assessment of OSM data for my thesis. I am also currently employed at Employment and Social Development Canada as a Geomatics Technician where I have been promoting the use of OSM data within the department.

I discussed the idea of a possible mapathon at Carleton University with Statistics Canada, the Carleton Geography department and Mapbox. I am reaching out (similar to Tim’s post above) to find additional OSM mappers to assist us with the mapathon. I am fairly experienced with OSM myself but I have never led a mapathon event. I am aware of COMS2200 issues with contributions and do not want a repeat of this. 😊 I believe focusing on the OSM Canada Task Manager and rural/remote regions will help avoid poor contributions.

Any help is much appreciated!

Regards,

Kent