[Talk-ca] Local groups?

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 20:33:19 UTC 2018

Microsoft have released building outline data for the US.  I have heard
rumours that they will be releasing a few for Canada.

I'm not proposing to import them at this point but these days importing is
its own speciality and it needs a mixture of technical skills and boots on
the ground or at least coverage by Mapillary.

It would make sense to import them for areas that have local mappers first
so they could be enriched with building type etc.

I know there are local mappers in Ottawa, Vancouver, Toronto and Montreal
but is there a list somewhere of the local groups in Canada?

Just looking at the number of edits in an area isn't as helpful as I
thought it might be.  Andrew seems to be mapping Canada single handedly.

Thanks

Cheerio John