[Talk-ca] Formatting of Municipality Names

Kevin Farrugia kevinfarrugia at gmail.com
Tue Feb 13 02:13:43 UTC 2018

Bernie is correct.  "City of", "Municipality of", "x County" is a legal
name that would be referring to the legal entity itself (the Government)
rather than the place.  The place should just be Toronto, Hamilton,
Mississauga etc..

The data source these legal names comes from has the legal name as it's
usually establishing the jurisdiction that contains the road.  The address
ranges are derived from the road system, so it's just been copied over.

-Kevin Farrugia
kevinfarrugia at gmail.com