[Talk-ca] Formatting of Municipality Names

Bill & Kathy Patterson bill_patterson at tricolour.queensu.ca
Sat Feb 17 03:50:36 UTC 2018

It would seem to me that an official place name should take precedence over OSM protocols.  If we expand the abbreviations (or contractions), of St. and Ste., then are we not altering the official place name of the feature?
The federal government downloaded that responsibility to the provinces, and in Ontario the official place names appear athttp://www.gisapplication.lrc.gov.on.ca/Geonames/Index.html?site=Geographic_Names&viewer=Geonames&locale=en-US

Bill Patterson