[Talk-ca] Formatting of Municipality Names in Ontario

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Mon Feb 19 04:04:08 UTC 2018

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the feedback.  OSM is updated accordingly.

I also changed "City of Prince Edward County" to "Prince Edward" (I
didn't receive any comments on that one).   "City Of" updates in
Ontario is now complete (at least until someone adds another one).

Updates to "Town Of" are now in  progress.   If anyone has comments
about how to handle the following please do speak up:

    3053 Town of the Blue Mountains   => "Blue Mountains" [remove "the"]
      14 Town of Caledon (Bolton)
       2 Town of Whitchurch-Stouffville (Stouffville)
       2 Town of Caledon (Sandhill)
       1 Town of Saugeen Shores (Southampton)
       1 Town of Mono (Rosemont)
       1 Town of Huntsville (Port Sydney)
       1 Town of Clarington (Enniskillen)

Following towns, I will be updating "Municipality Of" (after that
"Township Of").  The list for "Municipality Of" is:

   22881 Municipality of Chatham-Kent
    9906 Municipality of Clarington
    3962 Municipality of West Grey
    3929 Municipality of Grey Highlands
    3815 Municipality of Kincardine
    3690 Municipality of Trent Hills
    3549 Municipality of Leamington
    3543 Municipality of Middlesex Centre
    3293 Municipality of Port Hope
    3284 Municipality of North Grenville
    3192 Municipality of Brockton
    2794 Municipality of Meaford
    2793 Municipality of Highlands East
    2706 Municipality of Arran-Elderslie
    2462 Municipality of Thames Centre
    2439 Municipality of the Nation
    2418 Municipality of Tweed
    2320 Municipality of Southwest Middlesex
    2275 Municipality of Brighton
    2194 Municipality of North Perth
    2145 Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula
    1981 Municipality of Central Elgin
    1634 Municipality of South Bruce
    1501 Municipality Of Greenstone
    1462 Municipality of Marmora and Lake
    1424 Municipality of Oliver Paipoonge
    1374 Municipality of Hastings Highlands
    1265 Municipality of Centre Hastings
    1227 Municipality of West Nipissing
    1197 Municipality of Brooke-Alvinston
    1168 Municipality of Bayham
    1060 Municipality of Whitestone
    1015 Municipality of McDougall
     989 Municipality of French River
     943 Municipality of Wawa
     895 Municipality of Magnetawan
     817 Municipality of Shuniah
     790 Municipality of Lambton Shores
     710 Municipality Of Markstay-warren
     665 Municipality of Neebing
     634 Municipality Of Huron Shores
     460 Municipality of West Elgin
     414 Municipality of Huron Shores
     367 Municipality of Dutton/Dunwich
     293 Municipality Of St.-charles
     281 Municipality of Powassan
     236 Municipality of North Middlesex
     165 Municipality of Killarney
      47 Municipality Of West Nipissing
      46 Municipality Of Charlton And Dack
      23 Municipality Of Wawa
      18 Municipality of Callander
       7 Municipality Of Sioux Lookout
       4 Municipality Of Killarney
       2 Municipality Of French River
       1 Municipality of Brockton;Municipality of South Bruce