[Talk-ca] Formatting of Municipality Names in Ontario

Matthew Darwin matthew at mdarwin.ca
Mon Feb 19 14:28:35 UTC 2018

Yes, I plan to do some systematic review of the admin_level tags
comparing them to addr:city / addr:suburb.   This way the community
can have a data-based discussion on if addr:city etc tags are needed,
or the bounaries are good enough or whatever. But first step, we need
some analysis.

However, I don't have enough spare compute to run all those
calculations at a canada level.  (My plan is to load a subset of
canada.osm into postgis and run queries against it.)  Does anyone have
spare compute they can loan to this project?  Or alternate plan that
needs less compute.   Using QA tiles might be nice, but QA tiles
doesn't include relations.