[Talk-ca] using image recognition to create building foot prints.

Gravel, Pierre (NRCan/RNCan) pierre.gravel at canada.ca
Tue Feb 6 18:18:41 UTC 2018

Hi Stewart
Our automatic extraction process is based on airborne LiDAR point cloud and not on optical imagery or elevation raster derived from LiDAR.

NRCAN doesn't have LiDAR over Toronto yet.
I will try to spread the pre-production over urban and rural areas (ehre we have LiDAR of course).
You can check yourself our LiDAR collection through Open Maps Canada. Presently, the viewer seems to not work well but you can download metadata coverage in kml or shp as well.
I open to suggestion for our pre-production. I prefer to process data where people have an interest.

Regards

Pierre