[Talk-ca] BC2020 OD_tables wiki and project status

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sat Jan 27 04:11:53 UTC 2018

On Jan 26, 2018, at 8:02 PM, Stewart C. Russell <scruss at gmail.com> wrote:
> If we got the Toronto licence approved tomorrow and none of the
> municipal licences changed for the better, at this rate we'd have all of
> the BC2020 data cleared for use by 2088 …

Now, no reason to let optimism wither; nobody is saying the project should change its name to 2090 or 2050 or even 2030.  (Hm, 2030?  Uh, scratch that I said that).

OSM is a medium-to-longer term project.  BC2020 is very ambitious:  it is in its early days.  Let throats clear, flags fly up flagpoles, wheels to remain in motion, dialog to continue and good work to continue.  Including the solid task of planting acorns so that mighty oaks may grow.

SteveA