[Talk-ca] BC2020 OD_tables wiki and project status

James james2432 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 28 22:59:45 UTC 2018

LWG blog post about CC-BY

https://blog.openstreetmap.org/2017/03/17/use-of-cc-by-data/

as long as you have explicit permission to add data from city. It become
compatible.
I used "may" as in "should remain on the list because explicit permission
was already obtained."

On Jan 28, 2018 5:53 PM, "OSM Volunteer stevea" <steveaOSM at softworkers.com>
wrote:

On Jan 28, 2018, at 2:39 PM, James <james2432 at gmail.com> wrote:
> CC Attribution is compatible with explicit permission, so Gatineau and
Montreal may remain on the list.....

Oh, how I sometimes dislike the word "may!"

I know, I know, our good talk-ca dialog intends to help wider understanding
and consensus.  This can be challenging, lengthy, repeat-oriented /
loquacious and seem like it runs in circles!  It gets better.

James, I hereby ask you to change status from red to green once you know.
Perhaps also undo the strikeout type (delete the <del> brackets in the
markup language) in Contributors for those two cities, too (updating the
one or two lines of text it takes to do that).  That goes for anybody
posting here and/or reading this.

To all, wiki what you know, please!  Though, sometimes, conversations here,
or in email, or "in the map" or... are more appropriate.

I'm saying "wiki when wiki is right."

SteveA