[Talk-ca] Preferred phone number format

Stewart C. Russell scruss at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 03:23:20 UTC 2018

On 2018-01-28 08:22 PM, Matthew Darwin wrote:
> I am wondering if I should have them in the format of "+1 999
> 555 1234" or "+1-999-555-1234".    If there is no existing preference
> adopted in OSM Canada, I will use the latter to cleanup the
> non-compliant phone numbers.
>
> Comments?

Please use the ITU standard: it's international, and so are we. You
never know what country an OSM user will be coming from.

The great advantage to having the +1 in a number is that Canadian cell
phones won't give you the stupid "This is a long distance call …" spiel
if you include it.

Thanks for looking at this - but as with any automated edit, please take
care.

 Stewart