[Talk-ca] Open Database of Buildings / Base de données ouvertes sur les immeubles

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 1 18:22:07 UTC 2018

I think on the OSM side we probably need to think this one through and
get organised.

In Ottawa on the first import we went through all the steps to do the
import including getting agreement with the local mappers and we were
very fortunate in having an organised team of competent local mappers to
do the import.

It went reasonably smoothly but there were some questions asked and one
or two buildings were probably remapped which raised some eyebrows.
Since its been released under the federal government open data license
licensing isn't an issue.

If we do nothing on the organising side then we will almost certainly
get individuals importing Open Data in an ad hoc mode as has been
happening in Nova Scotia recently.

My feeling is it would be better if mappers in the major cities /
regions such as Toronto and Montreal took the lead for their cities /
regions.

Cheerio John

Sent from Postbox