[Talk-ca] Fwd: BC2020i - update Sept 2018

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 19:16:56 UTC 2018

Just a comment Alessandro is not a dedicated project manager but rather the
person that the project manager reports to.  Currently in addition to his
normal job he is also acting in the position above his so he really is
doing two jobs at once.  Bjenk was the project manager who pulled the
project together and worked hard and closely with the local OSM mappers on
the first phase but has moved from Stats Canada to another department.

Alessandro has had staff working in the background to find ways to make
more open data available to OSM but probably isn't familiar with all the
steps to bring it in.

The numbers from Ottawa would suggest that we need to understand more about
what information is most useful and which can be easily obtained.

This isn't just about Canada by the way there are other places on the world
where this sort of information and the techniques used on the stats side
can be useful.

Cheerio John