[Talk-ca] Ongoing Canadian building import needs to be stopped, possibly reverted

Yaro Shkvorets shkvorets at gmail.com
Fri Jan 18 19:52:55 UTC 2019

John,
>> Traditionally or the party line is if its been mapped already then to
preserve the history you either leave it alone or manually correct it.
Manually correcting it is very time consuming.  Often the decision is made
to leave the existing way in the map.

JOSM offers very convenient way to do it called "Replace geometry". Select
both ways, old and new, press Ctrl-Shift-G, merge any conflicting tags and
you preserve the history, tags and have new improved outline in a couple of
clicks.

Best Regards,
          Yaro Shkvorets