[Talk-ca] OpenStreetMap, education and the buildings

John Whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 01:43:43 UTC 2019

     From weeklyosm:

    Education

  * The new curriculum
    <http://cache.media.education.gouv.fr/file/CSP/41/0/2de_Sciences_numeriques_et_technologie_Ens-commun_1025410.pdf>
    (pdf) for French high schools states that all students should be
    introduced to geospatial data usage. One of the expected abilities
    in that domain is the ability to “contribute to OpenStreetMap in a
    collaborative way”.

--

What it means is we can expect to see more interest from schools in
Canada. Adding tags to buildings is fairly simple and less error prone

Using streetcomplete I think would work even without buildings.

Thoughts please.

Thanks John

Sent from Postbox