[Talk-ca] Ongoing Canadian building import needs to be stopped, possibly reverted

Nate Wessel bike756 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 16:49:20 UTC 2019

Is it sufficient to tag fragments as building:part without indicating
which part or how many stories? If the data is properly structured, this
seems like something that could be handled in preprocessing by checking
for overlapping polygons. It looks like perhaps we might just have to
find the largest part for the footprint (building=yes) and any
intersecting smaller buildings (building:part=yes).

We might also need to generate some building relations for more complex
features.

Nate Wessel
Jack of all trades, Master of Geography, PhD candidate in Urban Planning
NateWessel.com <http://natewessel.com>