[Talk-ca] State of the Map... Canada?

Gregory Marler info at nomoregrapes.com
Fri Jun 21 11:14:45 UTC 2019

Hello all,

Sorry that I'm not subscribed to the list (hopefully someone will moderator
this one-off e-mail).

I seem to remember in the past there was talk of Canada potentially hosting
State of the Map. Personally I think it'd be a great idea. I like Canada
enough that I lived in Vancouver for 10 months, and wouldn't say no to an
excuse to cross the pond again. It's been a long while since OpenStreetMap
had an international conference in North-America, there's lots of potential
to do interesting things with it.

I'll leave these links here for you to discuss...
[1]
https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/State_of_the_Map_2020/Call_for_venues
[2]
http://www.livingwithdragons.com/2019/06/why-your-community-should-host-sotm

I would suggest starting by saying if you're interested (and how much time
you're interested in giving or what tasks). You might end up with an
obvious team, or an obvious part of Canada. Remember, even if you've got a
few hours a month or some time at a certain part of the year - it all helps.

>From the United Kingdom of Great Britain,
Gregory (LivingWithDragons)

--
Gregory Marler