[Talk-ca] Microsoft has released its building outlines for Canada

OSM Volunteer stevea steveaOSM at softworkers.com
Sat Mar 2 22:52:28 UTC 2019

No, I am not planning to import these.  However, your notification that the data are available seems to be encouraging the data to BE imported into OSM.  Of course, there is a "more correct" way to do that.

Perhaps I might encourage you to sharpen up your intention for notifying talk-ca of the availability of the data.  Are they an additional source to ENTER into OSM?  (Thus importing them).  Or, perhaps you mean them to be a set of "comparison data" which might be used to verify or compare against the "other" data.  Although, then, should there be a discrepancy, the question becomes "which are (more) correct?"  I didn't see any of these issues addressed by your notification, which feel likes it begs these questions.  Thank you in advance for any follow-up that better clarifies.

Late notice just before I clicked Send:  thanks to James for letting us know here that the data are ODbL and therefore OSM-compatible.  (One down, perhaps a bit more to go).

SteveA