[Talk-ca] Building Import

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 14:20:04 UTC 2019

The trade off is if it can be used elsewhere then there is a benefit for
using open source software however if it's only going to be used once here
and we have someone who knows the proprietary software very well the data
that ends up in OSM doesn't really care how it was produced.

This is more a religious argument.

Lots of people run OSM applications on Windows and Android both if which
are proprietary ran than on an open source version of Unix.

Cheerio John