[Talk-ca] Importing buildings in Canada

Jarek PiĆ³rkowski jarek at piorkowski.ca
Sat Sep 28 02:52:00 UTC 2019

On Fri, 27 Sep 2019 at 11:45, john whelan <jwhelan0112 at gmail.com> wrote:
> About that time an American mapper, Nate, who was living in Toronto ...

Sorry, one more thing.

Nate was an active editor in Toronto at the time of the initial import
conflict/objection and has remained so as regularly as we can ask of
any community member. In Toronto we call people living here and
contributing to the community "Torontonians".

As you will recall, I disagree with Nate about the suitability of
initial building import data. Notwithstanding, the description quoted
above reads unfairly dismissive to me. You can maybe make arguments
about Torontonians discussing what shouldn't be imported in rest of
Canada, or about whether we should expect mappers to be subscribed to
talk-ca, but let's leave places of birth out of this.

--Jarek