[Talk-ca] FW: Re: Importing buildings in Canada

Daniel @jfd553 jfd553 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 15 13:33:40 UTC 2020

Bonjour Groupe,
Concerning the proposal (ODB import), there are questions that remain before moving forward; here are some of them...

a)      Who on this list host the ODB data? If pre-processing is required, how should we proceed to have the results made available (assuming I ran the pre-process)?

b)      Nate mentioned that the working units (shapes) proposed by the task manager are customizable according to data density. So, how many buildings can be imported properly (i.e. following the procedure) in an hour or so? Would it be a good size to proceed?

c)       There are areas where the data has already been imported. What would be the size of an import check task? I expect that a much larger number of buildings can be checked in an hour or so, but by how much (10x)?

d)      Who should be contacted when trying to get the local mappers buy-in? IMHO I would contact only those found by Pascal Neis' tool [1], which would have contributed more than 10 changesets and for which the main activity centre is within a the concerned municipality (tick/untick the display option boxes [1]).
Proposals or comments you which to share?
Daniel
[1] Overview of OpenStreetMap Contributors aka Who's around me? http://resultmaps.neis-one.org/oooc?