[Talk-ca] Importing buildings in Canada

Daniel @jfd553 jfd553 at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 15 20:54:20 UTC 2020

Hi John, Tim, and the others :-)
John, I understand your concern and if it was not addressed properly, this could block the import again.

IMHO, we just need to make sure that we have done everything reasonable to inform the concerned contributors, in order to discuss the import in case they do not agree with it. That is why I proposed the following, in a previous email, concerning local mappers buy-in…

1- We contact them to explain our intentions by referring to the appropriate wiki pages.
2- We wait a week or two for them to respond to nothing, have concerns or want to help.
3- Without negative answers, we could proceed to the import.

The point 3 above make sure the project is not stalled in case there is no or only a few answers. The identification of local contributors using Neis’ tool, or the query Tim Elrick just proposed, are what I consider reasonable attempts for contacting the local mappers.

Daniel