[Talk-ca] Building tags in Canada

john whelan jwhelan0112 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 23:56:15 UTC 2020

That sort of works but doesn't include roof:levels.

The easy tag would be building=detached but then you get building=house
which can be used for a semi detached house.

Locally we have some split levels so a single floor at ground level then a
garage often slightly sunk with another room or two on top.
building:levels=?

I'm tempted by the idea of using Streetcomplete's set of suggested tags.

Postcode is fine if you know it but it isn't always obvious from looking at
the building on the outside.

I think what is in the wiki is a sort of dream.  An accurate building date
for example is often difficult to determine. but probably it needs a sort
of low hanging fruit section of what should be easy to tag.

Thanks John