[Talk-carib] Transportation Data Holdings

verticalgeo at gmail.com verticalgeo at gmail.com
Mon Aug 26 18:48:44 UTC 2019

Talk Carib Team,

We are a GIS company that specializes in creating country-wide road network
datasets. We have been working on a project to collect road networks for
most of the Caribbean this summer. All road networks are collected from
satellite imagery and we are the owners of the data. We used the
OpenStreetMap Data Schema for our collection. We created the data by
downloading the Caribbean portions of the OSM road network data and
verifying every road, deleting ghost roads, adding new roads, and updating
any geometry on existing roads that needed to be adjusted. We have completed
most of the Caribbean region with the exception of Puerto Rico and parts of
Cuba. We believed Puerto Rico was well mapped after the hurricane and we are
still working on Cuba. I assume this list contains the OSM data experts for
the Caribbean. Is there a need for our data? If there is a need, what is the
next step? All data is currently in shapefile format.

Please let me know your thoughts

Rick Marshall

Rick Marshall, PhD, GISP

President

Vertical GeoSolutions, Inc. (VerticalGeo)

612 Pierce Blvd

O’Fallon, IL  62269

N 38° 34' 47” W 89° 55' 27”

(618) 670-4259

 <mailto:rick.marshall at verticalgeo.com> verticalgeo at gmail.com

 <http://www.verticalgeo.com/> www.verticalgeo.com

VerticalGeo is a Service Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business