[Talk-cl] OpenStreetMap + Ushahidi-Chile in the works + partnerships

Julio Costa Zambelli julio.costa en openstreetmap.cl
Lun Mar 1 02:26:01 GMT 2010

Yes, I do know Chillan, Cobquecura, Buchupureo, Dichato, and pretty much the
southern part of the area affected (My mother, brother and grandparents live
in Chillan).

I think that we can make a list of cities and towns around the epicentre and
start mapping from the centre to the more remote ones. There are plenty of
small town right near to the epicentre, most of them affected by the tsunami
(the ones right by the sea) and many more inland with infraestructure
problems.

I am organizing some training sessions for people with knowledge from the
most affected areas but living in Santiago. The idea is that they learn to
use Potlatch to add all that stuff that can not be added from the aerial
imagery, i.e.: Street names, hospitals, schools, police stations,
supermarkets, convenience stores, etc. to OpenStreetMap. I will keep you
informed on the progress of this.

Cheers,

Julio Costa