[Talk-cl] [Fwd: Re: Open Imagery for Chile]

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc en arkemie.com
Lun Mar 1 20:59:01 GMT 2010

Dear Julio, (it's easier for me to write in English, since you understand)

David writes:

"Having said that we do see that imagery will be available for wider use
in Chile as well. "

My understanding, in this context, is that "wider use" would likely
include tracing by OSM.
(But no specific imagery is mentioned)

It would probably be best to ask him (and/or specific imagery sources)
for clarification, and also how the source image would be available.

Getting in touch with Chile institutions ONEMI and SNIT would certainly
be a good thing ("any effort should be centred on their needs and
guidance"). I see there is a contact at ONEMI for the Charter at:
http://www.un-spider.org/page/3287/spaceaid-available-space-based-information-earthquake-and-tsunami-chile

I have heard that Chile has now decided to accept the help of the
international community. This would be a way people from abroad could
contribute, along with fellow Chile citizens, like those whose effort
you are organising.

Best,

Jean-Guilhem