[Talk-cl] Fwd: MGRS Atlas and grids for Concepcion, Chile

nicolas chavent nicolas.chavent en gmail.com
Mar Mar 2 16:06:54 GMT 2010

Dear all-
here's the 1st draft of the 1:25,000 street atlas for Concepcion available
at the url furhter below in this email-
Nice if this could be commented upon by OSM Chile and posted on the Chile
Quake response wiki
Best

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Subu Swaminathan <geosubu en gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Mar 2, 2010 at 4:09 PM
Subject: MGRS Atlas and grids for Concepcion, Chile
To: CrisisMappers-Chile <crisismappers-chile en googlegroups.com>

Please find the first draft version of a 8.5 x 11" (or A4 ISO page
size)
1:25,000 street atlas for Concepcion, Chile at the link provided
below.
Data is courtesy of OpenStreetMap. We would welcome additional (but
reasonable) requests, comments, and feedback. We've used some new
compression techniques that squeeze the entire atlas down to 0.8MB in
size. Just in case that's still too large, we've still made each page
individually available. Total number of 1:25,000 pages is 22.

http://mississippi.deltastate.edu/data/Chile/Concepcion_Chile_25Kscale_8511A4size_Geopdf_Street_Atlas_vDSU20100301/

As for MGRS grid data, we've completed it and posted it to:

http://mississippi.deltastate.edu/data/Chile/MGRS_Data/

You'll note we've gone ahead and created 100-m polygon data in
preparation for 1:6,000 atlas products should decent imagery become
available in a format we can use.

--
Subramanian Swaminathan
Education and Projects Coordinator