[Talk-cl] GeoEye imagery??

Jean-Guilhem Cailton jgc en arkemie.com
Mar Mar 9 09:34:53 GMT 2010

Hi,

There was this message containing the URL of an available WMS:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-cl/2010-March/000216.html

Is there a written statement from GeoEye anywhere that OSM is allowed to
use this imagery for tracing ?

(For the future, one could imagine protected WMS access control, e.g.
restricted to OSM, but we would have to make sure OSM tools (JOSM, etc.)
are ready for it before. And well tested, because, afaik, this feature
of OGC services is less used than others, introduces complexity, and
thus might be bug-prone for now, including in "well established" servers).

Regards,

Jean-Guilhem