[Talk-cl] GeoEye imagery??

Mikel Maron mikel_maron en yahoo.com
Mar Mar 9 12:04:28 GMT 2010

Chris Nicolas's email is referenced on the wiki, saying that GeoEye imagery can be used in OSM.

Mikel

ps Agree that some kind of restricted access may be the way forward

 == Mikel Maron ==
+254(0)724899738 @mikel s:mikelmaron
http://mapkibera.org/
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Haiti

________________________________
From: Jean-Guilhem Cailton <jgc en arkemie.com>
To: Mikel Maron <mikel_maron en yahoo.com>
Cc: talk-cl en openstreetmap.org; hot en openstreetmap.org
Sent: Tue, March 9, 2010 12:34:53 PM
Subject: Re: [Talk-cl] GeoEye imagery??

Hi,

There was this message containing the URL of an available WMS:

http://lists.openstreetmap.org/pipermail/talk-cl/2010-March/000216.html

Is there a written statement from GeoEye anywhere that OSM is allowed
to use this imagery for tracing ?

(For the future, one could imagine protected WMS access control, e.g.
restricted to OSM, but we would have to make sure OSM tools (JOSM,
etc.) are ready for it before. And well tested, because, afaik, this
feature of OGC services is less used than others, introduces
complexity, and thus might be bug-prone for now, including in "well
established" servers).

Regards,

Jean-Guilhem