[Talk-co] Beta testers required for new Windows Mobile OSM Client

ouɐɯnH fredyrivera en gmail.com
Jue Feb 12 18:22:45 GMT 2009

Este es un software para telefonos con guindos CE como los (HTC) ((Te
suena edwin?)) que usa la cartografía de OSM.

la invitacion espara quien tenga de esos aparatos lo banjen, lo
prueben y reporten fallos.

salu2

Hi,

Ive written some software for Windows Mobile to make on-the-road
contribution to OSM possible. If any Windows Mobile 6 owning people
would like to beta-test it, ive stuck it up at

http://release.georgestyles.co.uk/GeorgeMap

ive stuck some screenshots here

http://release.georgestyles.co.uk/GeorgeMap/ScreenShots/Default.aspx

Its only currently useful for filling in missing names from streets
which already exist (without a name tag). It cannot yet create / edit
the actual nodes that make a street (apart from splitting an existing
street).

At the moment its simply freeware. I want to GPL it, but need to open
a sourceforge account etc etc, and havent had time yet...

Features are

   *  GPS Support (using WM GPS driver)
   * Display OSM tiles from MapNik, OSMARender, CycleMap or CloudMade
   * Query OSM for streets and nodes in the visible area
   * Displays unnamed streets in red, named ones in green (and ones
named by you in lighter green so you can see the difference you are
making)
   * Can query GPS points (although until I add node editing, that is
kind of useless)
   * Program can check for newer versions and automatically install
them (if you ask it to...)
   * Multi-threaded - tiles /data are downloaded in the background, as
are uploads of changes.
   * Ability to name unnamed streets (or change the name of existing ones)
   * Offline edit model - edits are held in the phone until you choose
to sync them. This is needed because mobile coverage is not 100%
   * Split / join ways (join dosent quite always work properly yet)
   * Current GPS trail overlaid on map so you can see where you have
been (plan to upload trails to OSM in near future)

Should I email this to the dev list as well, since ive done some dev???

Lee un artículo sobre nosotros en el tiempo:
http://www.eltiempo.com/colombia/bogota/empresas-de-tecnologia-basadas-en-software-libre-se-expanden-en-bogota_4708463-1